Plan and Organize
This domain covers strategy and tactics, and identifies the best ways for IT to contribute to the achievement of business objectives. The realization of the strategic vision needs to be planned, communicated and managed for different perspectives. A proper organization as well as technological infrastructure should be put in place. This domain typically addresses the following management questions:
• Are IT and the business strategy aligned?
• Is the enterprise achieving optimum use of its resources?
• Does everyone in the organization understand the IT objectives?
• Are IT risks understood and being managed?
• Is the quality of IT systems appropriate for business needs?