Technology Project Management (SM-03-006)
SM-03-006 Technology Project Management
Issue Date: 7/01/2008
Revision Effective Date: 7/01/2008
Sound project management practices add value that benefits the project and the organization. Research shows that projects are more likely to succeed if organizations consistently apply industry standard project management principles.
1. All Agencies shall utilize a project management process for all technology projects that have a cumulative investment in technology of $100,000 or greater. No specific project management process or methodology is dictated by this Standard; however, agencies must utilize a project management methodology of their choosing that applies industry-standard project management principles throughout the project’s life cycle.
2. The EPMO Methodology may be used in lieu of an agency-defined methodology.
- GTA Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) Methodology
- The Project Management Institute’s (PMI), “Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)”
- “Technology Project Management Guidelines”, GM-08-101