Technology Project Charter (SM-09-004)
SM-09-004 Technology Project Charter
Issue Date: 10/01/2008
Revision Effective Date: 4/01/2009
The project charter is an integral part to the success of a project. Created early in project life, it provides a delineation of roles and responsibilities, outlines the project objectives, identifies the main stakeholders, and defines the authority of the project manager. Creation and use of a project charter is consistent with the best practices recommended by the Project Management Institute (PMI). PMI is the best practice body of work supporting project management processes in Georgia government.
1. All Agencies shall create a project charter for all technology projects.
2. The components of a project charter shall include, at a minimum:
- A scope statement
- List of objectives to accomplish
- Key Participants in the project
- Roles and responsibilities itemized
- Financial plan, budget or project costs
3. Project Charters shall be updated at the start of each project phase.
- “GTA Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) Methodology”
- The Project Management Institute’s (PMI), “Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)”
- “Technology Project Management Guidelines”, GM-08-101